Money can buy you happiness; you just need to know where to shop.
This famous dialogue from a popular television series called ‘Gossip Girl’ is perhaps the most apt description of what fashion trends ought to be. Even though you may have all the money in the world but that certainly doesn’t mean that you will be the most stylish person on Earth. More often than not, it has been said, either you are born with or you don’t have it at all. And before you let the horses of your imagination run wild, let me tell you I am talking about ‘fashion’.
While most of us aspire to be truly fashionable all our life but very few of us actually achieve this in our life time. Each season comes with its new set of fashion trends, the beauty lies in finding a fine balance between what’s ‘in’ and what ‘works for you’. To make matters simpler for you here are a couple of fashion trends for summer which you can easily incorporate in your wardrobe and make million heads turn your way this spring summer.
1. Go chic with black and white: Let’s just stick to basics; some things never go out of fashion irrespective of the season. Black and white as a trend’s isn’t groundbreaking; yet you can easily spot black and white everywhere. What is really interesting is to know, what makes it a spring summer’s hot favourite? Play around with your own take of this classic color combination through various textures, patterns, and silhouettes.
2. Sultry sheer: Ditch the layers and let your skin breathe in sheer. Who said fashion trends for summer had to be tricky? Sheer has been the go-to option for women across ages to look effortless chic. The beauty of this fabric lies in the fact that it can be worn simply as you please. The basic idea is to experiment with suggestive styles and to add the see-through oomph factor to your bland attire.
3. Pump it up with jumpsuits: From fighter pilots to technicians, everyone has once worn this garment and wondered how something fashionable can actually be useful too. This spring summer season designers all over the world have taken inspiration from the humble jumpsuit, to create a fashion-forward look. From experimenting in cuts, to fabrics and fits, jumpsuits were given the royal makeover with a couture edge and with the ample help of accessories such as leather belts, scarves and statement jewellery. Mark my words pick the right jumpsuit for your body type and accessorize it properly, trust me you’ll be surprised to see how a garment that was traditionally designed to be uniform can be transformed to become chic and sophisticated.
4. Say it with pop art: We have seen intriguing combination of influences from the world’s leading pop-artists, in fashion. However, fashion trends for summer will now be full of circle motifs, bright and bold colours, stripes and what not. Playful layering is the key to get it right and not end up looking like a fool. Whosoever thought that pop-art would be restricted to museum walls didn’t see this coming.
5. Head-to-toe in white: Spring summer is the perfect time to let your whites literally see the light of the day. At this point, I am not going to tell you about the rules of when you can wear all-white; as it is all about how you wear it. Try to follow the fashion trends for summer by incorporating new styling tricks which include mixing textures, layering multiple pieces, and teaming various shades.